Getting past the first draft of a business plan and figuring out your next steps is scary and confusing for most first-time founders. That is why we want to support you from an early stage, and why we do not expect you to work on your startups full-time, have an MVP and/or a complete founding team — yet.
How we will help you:
- Tailored mentor matching: Get one-to-one mentoring from an experienced founder who is ahead if you in the startup roller coaster, and a good fit for your situation and industry
- Founders-to-founders sparring: Build a solid support system and get honest feedback on your challenges from the diverse perspectives of your fellow founders in a structured and safe setting
- Access to subject-matter experts: Participate in workshops and open hour sessions with relevant experts in e.g. product-market fit, funding options, and building teams
- Online courses and tools: Our online platform will provide you with startup courses and curated tools that you can use as an on-demand toolbox
- Curated deals and discounts: Apply to our Founders Pack with a collection of discounted products and services (e.g. legal advice, CRM software, financial services) and get up to 75 000 DKK in a feasibility voucher for the purchase of expert advice and/or testing to validate your product/service
- Stepping stone to scaling up: think of this program as a stepping stone to scaling up and potentially entering an award-winning accelerator program, raising pre-seed funding, being matched with well-known corporates, finding your new co-working space, etc.
The program is free of charge (all you need is to document the time spent on the activities through the program), and takes into consideration that you are likely to work on your startup on the side of e.g. a full-time job or studies.
Meet the mentors
You will be going through the 4-month incubation program alongside other first-time female founders, and be matched with one of our mentors:
- Stine Kalmer Jørgensen, DreamPlan: CEO and Co-founder of the fintech startup DreamPlan. Ex-Nykredit as the Head of Digital Innovation and Board Member at Copenhagen Fintech.
- Katja Grothe-Eberhardt, Klimate: CEO and Co-founder of Klimate, a platform that delivers robust, future-proof climate impact strategies. Ex-BCG and Partner/COO at Bloc, an independent blockchain studio.
- Mary Apostolaki Johansen, b.nood: Corporate entrepreneur, experienced startup mentor, external lecturer, and founder of b.nood, a community and resource platform for personal development.
- Anne Reker Cordt, PokeAcell: CEO and Co-founder of PokeAcell, an immunotherapy company that delivers personalized T cell therapy for solid tumors. A senior pharma leader with 15 years of experience in pharma from McKinsey & Company and Novo Nordisk.
- Louise Bencard, BeautyBoosters: CEO and Co-founder of BeautyBoosters, a service that offers on-demand beauty treatments directly to your home, office, etc. She previously worked as a COO and Head of Operations.
- Eva Steiness, Serodus: CEO of Serodus, a drug development company focused on treatment of diabetic complications. Biotech entrepreneur with a string of academic and corporate leadership positions in Danish universities and Scandinavian life science companies.
- Bibi Blomqvist, Cogo: Co-founder of Cogo, which gathers shared rides for frictionless mobility and a better tomorrow. Prior to Cogo, she spent 6+ years at KAYAK and Momondo as Vice President (EMEA Flights) respective Global Head of Sales.
- Ditte Vigsø, Goodtalks: Partner at Goodtalks, a network and digital universe with the purpose of connecting people and increase the number of women in boards and executive leadership positions. 19+ years of experience in executive leadership, consulting and boards.
- Maria Otworowska, Skin Bliss: CEO and Co-founder of Skin Bliss, an AI-powered app for personalized skincare recommendations. Maria is a data scientist and app developer who holds a Ph.D. in Computational Cognitive Science.
- Aviaja Riemann-Andersen, Agrain: CEO and Co-founder of Agrain, which produces food from upcycled brewer's spent grains. Worked at L'Oréal for +15 years in in managerial and commercial roles before dedicating her career to fighting food waste through sustainable upcycling.
Who can join?
To apply, you must be a first-time, Denmark-based female founder, at least one founder in your startup must have a Danish CPR-number, and if (!) you have a CVR-number it must have been registered after June 4, 2016.
What's going to happen?
After the application process is finalized and your startup has been accepted, you will receive a schedule and be connected with your assigned mentor. You will know by the end of September if you have been accepted, and the kick-off event for the selected startups will be held in Copenhagen on October 5.
The Female Founders Incubator is a collaboration between Beyond Beta, Accelerace and Symbion, three key players in the Danish startup ecosystem, and you will meet representatives from the partner organizations throughout the program.